Monday, June 29, 2009

Just Another Weekend

I spent this weekend contemplating many things although most of the time my thoughts ran from one thing to another I did come up with a few semi-decent thoughts. My first thought was about writing a book about dealing with a child that has a heart problem. I know that back when we started this journey with James I was looking for something, ANYTHING that would give me some hope or someone to talk to who had been going through something similar.

The second thought that ran through my head is that I have found that my life has suddenly become less stressful. I'm not as stressed now that we aren't dealing with my husband's family. I think it's kind of nice for us just to sit back and enjoy eachother's company and spend time with our son.

I also spent some time this weekend searching for genealogy on my step-father's family and my husband's family and have decided that this is something that I really enjoy. The more I find the more I can't wait to show them what I've found. The other thing that I've started hearing a lot this weekend is mama from my 11 month old (as of tomorrow). He seems to be going through a phase of needing me. I know that because of his condition I've babied him a little more than what I need to, but as a first time parent it was such a hard thing to do. So now we seem to be needing mommy way more than what we have previously been needing mommy. I keep telling myself that one day he won't need me so I need to enjoy this while it lasts, but at the same time I wonder why he thinks he needs me right now. Anyway will write later.

No comments:

Post a Comment