Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another Day Another Dollar

I find myself constantly thinking about how nice it would be to stay at home and take care of my son, but then I realize that I have to work to provide for him. It's this catch 22 that doesn't make any sense. I mean obviously staying at home with your kids is probably one of the best ideas possible, but in this society we live in most people don't have the option to stay home. Why is that? I remember growing up my mother always managed to stay home with us. We went to school and she would pick us up and make sure that we did our homework and then we had dinner and on and on. For me this is a cherished time in my life. I also know that my mom played a big role in my life and still does. So why is it in our society that I can't stay home and raise my son? It seems as if the cost of living has gone up or maybe it's that we really have no middle class any longer. Whatever the reason I find myself constantly getting up every morning to pull myself in to work.

It is the same old routine everyday wake up, get ready for work, work, come home do house work.... it would definately be easier to just be at home and get everything done there that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment